Re: Website patch request: documentation style update

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Website patch request: documentation style update
Date: 2020-04-18 19:34:16
Lists: pgsql-www

"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On 4/18/20 2:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd noticed that the website style wants to render function signatures
>> in a very cramped way, with less inter-word spacing than normal; is that
>> another aspect of this?

> I believe that's one of the trademarks of the monospace font family, but
> we may be able to adjust it.

BTW, as far as that goes, I *don't* see equivalent cramping when building
the docs without STYLE=website. Compare e.g. the renderings of concat_ws'
description in table 9.10 (attached). So I think it's something that is
being done intentionally somewhere in the website customization. I'm not
sure where to look though.

Also, now that I look at it, I see the website style seems to be rendering
parents and brackets in the same font as the <code> items anyway. This
does not seem like an improvement over what happens without that.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
concat-default-style.png image/png 91.5 KB
concat-web-style.png image/png 88.6 KB