ODBC access: how to restrict the tables view and column detail?

From: alain(dot)butzberger(at)efi(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC access: how to restrict the tables view and column detail?
Date: 2006-05-31 13:23:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

My issue: using postgre with odbc for crystal report access. I created
a specific user which can read only one view, which is a compile info
from different tables. When in crystal report editor, using that
restricted user I can view all the data of the view, but data from any
of the table. BUT I can see the name of all the tables existing in this
application, and more then that, I can see all the columns of each of
the tables in this database.

Question: how can I hide the existence of the tables and their design,
(not just prevent data access, which is working fine.)

Remark: using currently psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1 and also psql
(PostgreSQL) 8.1.3