Re: Recover data from crashed HD

From: <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: <nisse(at)student(dot)luth(dot)se>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recover data from crashed HD
Date: 2002-10-23 18:23:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Hello!
>
> One of my harddrives crashed two day ago. Only the /lib och /usr
> directories was on one of my other hd's.

Do you mean /lib which contained the $PGDATA is still accessable.
please try to locate the folder named "data" that contains folder like
base, pg_xlog , global , pg_clog etc.

In case such a folder is available to you , you can start the postmaster daemon
by specifying the PGDATA folder (-D) option.

please let us know if such folder is there , we can help you recoverver you data.

Regds
MAllah.