Restoring databases from a different installment on Windows

From: "Berislav Lopac" <berislav(dot)lopac(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring databases from a different installment on Windows
Date: 2006-05-28 14:24:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I have recently reinstalled my Windows mychine, including the
PostgreSQL server, but (due to a system crash, unrelated to Postgres) I
wasn't able to dump my databases to import them now. However, I have a
full copy of the original system, including all the files of the
original Postgres installation.

Is there a way to restore the databases from the original installation
into the new one? For example, in MySQL I would be able to just copy
the data files; is there something similar in Postgres?

Thanks,

Berislav