query optimization - mysql vs postgresql

From: Warren Little <warren(dot)little(at)meridiascapital(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query optimization - mysql vs postgresql
Date: 2006-05-18 16:05:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
my team is in the process of migrating some data from a mysql (5.0)
database to our core postgres (8.1.3) database.
We are running into some performance issues with the postgres versions
of the queries.
MySQL takes about 150ms to run the query where postgres is taking
2500ms.
The servers for the two database clusters are identical (dual amd 64bit
dual core opteron 4GB ram scsi raid array Suse 9.x)

The table schemas have not changed (to the best of my knowledge) and the
indexes were created to mimic the mysql versions as well.

I have attached one particular query along with the explain output.
Does anyone see anything in the explain that might help in diagnosing
the problem.

thx

Warren J. Little
CTO