Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL

From: <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-04-11 18:35:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

BK

Its quite surprising that 7.2.4 is not compilable under
redhat 9.0 , which version of gcc does it come with?

yes you will need to dump the database using pg7.2.x
and reload in 7.3.x.

I can suggest one thing try to install 7.2.x on redhat
using RPMS (since compilation already falied)

then dump pg database in an sql file. move the data folders
out of the way , Install 7.3.2 . initdb and restore the data.

regds
mallah.