Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT

From: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT
Date: 2006-04-25 01:12:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

The following is also added to a new patch.

> > At this moment the owner of the database CAN REVOKE himself form the
> > ACL_OBJECT_DATABASE. If the implementation above is acceptable then I
> > can work on this one :)
>
> Hmm, what do you want to do about it? ISTM the owner should be able to
> revoke the privilege from himself ... (Maybe we could raise a WARNING
> whenever anyone revokes the last CONNECT privilege to a database, so
> that he can GRANT it to somebody before disconnecting.)

If one is going to revoke the last ACL_CONNECT, a warning is going to
issued then that part of the REVOKE gets canceled.

Can this patch be tested for assurance?
What is the next step after that? Should I send the patch to the
pgsql-patches list?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~gevik/patch/patch-0.4.diff

Regards,
Gevik.