Re: php error reporting problem

From: Christopher Murtagh <christopher(dot)murtagh(at)mcgill(dot)ca>
To: Jason Minion <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
Cc: ngwarai zed <makotore(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: php error reporting problem
Date: 2006-03-28 20:47:40
Lists: pgsql-php

> hi, I omitted a semicolon ; at the end of a php statement on purpose to
> see what the error looks like. I ran the script and a blank page jus
> came out.No error message. I then edited php.ini and set Display_errors
> = On and errror_reporting = E_ALL then restarted httpd. Ran the script
> again and the same thing happens. My question is:- how do I make php to
> show me a simple error like omitting a semicolon

That should do it. Maybe php didn't like the uppercase 'D' or the
misspelling of 'errror_reporting'(although I assume that's just a typo
in the email and not your config)? Try setting 'display_errors = On;'
instead of 'Display_errors' and see if that works for you. Jason's
suggestion to look at the apache logs should work as well.

Cheers,

Chris