Re: how to use pg_resetxlog - closer ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com>
Cc: "'''pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org ' ' '" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to use pg_resetxlog - closer ...
Date: 2003-10-22 14:43:40
Lists: pgsql-general

"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com> writes:
> Recap: Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2
> and I just experienced a RAID failure with the DB
> still active. Tom pointed me in the area of the file
> '1249' which was no longer in my database directory.
> I copied that from anther directory and got part
> of the way there.

Uh, that will most definitely NOT work. You've installed some other
database's list of table columns. If you can't resurrect the original
pg_attribute file for this database (did you look in /lost+found?)
then I think you are well and truly screwed :-(. Time to revert to
backup, because there is no hope of extracting anything useful.