Accessing PG/Linux from a Windows client

From: Joao Miguel Ferreira <jmf(at)estg(dot)ipvc(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Accessing PG/Linux from a Windows client
Date: 2006-03-07 16:12:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello all,

I've had some experience in accessing a PostgreSQL database, running on
Linux, from remote clients with Perl (DBI, DBD), also on Linux. Only
Perl/Linux.

But know I need to know if it is possible to access PortgreSQL (running
on Linux) with the Microsoft Develpment Languages and API's on the
client side ????

... is it possible to access PG (on Linux) from a Windows machine using
the 'traditional' Microsoft languages/API's (C#, VB, etc) ????

... I really don't know the MS dev tools very well !!!... but I need to
help a student make some initial decisions on his project !!!

Thank you all.

Joao Ferreira