Re: query timeout

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
Cc: Ragnar <gnari(at)hive(dot)is>, pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query timeout
Date: 2006-03-06 09:52:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 21:14, Rick Gigger wrote:
> I assume that running the vacuumdb command is the same as running it
> through psql?

Well, you either run it through psql, or not :-)

Seriously, I understand that any client session is affected by the
statement timeout settings, doesn't matter what the statement is. But
autovacuum is built in starting with 8.1, so it is not affected by
statement-timeout. The contrib autovacuum from versions < 8.1 is in turn
a regular client, so it is affected.

Cheers,
Csaba.