Re: INS/UPD/DEL Returning P.tch

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: INS/UPD/DEL Returning P.tch
Date: 2006-03-02 22:33:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 17:23 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> If this is the consensus, then I'm fine with posting to -patches

Yeah, -patches is the right place.

> I just want to make sure people are aware of it so it can get tested.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of testing. The usual process is that the
person submitting the patch does all the coding and testing, then
submits it to -patches. When the patch is reviewed, you might need to
resubmit it a few times to satisfy the reviewers' comments. Then a
committer will apply the patch (often with some additional changes, at
least in my case).

-Neil