Re: dumb question

From: Craig White <craigwhite(at)azapple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dumb question
Date: 2006-02-13 02:27:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 11:07 +0900, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2006, at 10:29 , Craig White wrote:
>
> > How do I change the owner of a schema?
> >
> > ALTER SCHEMA "public" OWNER to "some_user"; #?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-alterschema.html
>
> The docs explain this very situation. HTML documentation ships with
> the PostgreSQL distribution and can also be found online.
----
seeing as how the above line seems to me to be exactly like the page
that you just referred me to, I have included some clips of my terminal
transactions because quite clearly I am too stupid to understand this...

th-db_test=> ALTER SCHEMA "public" OWNER TO tobyhouse;
ERROR: syntax error at or near "OWNER" at character 23

th-db_test=> ALTER SCHEMA public OWNER TO tobyhouse;
ERROR: syntax error at or near "OWNER" at character 21

# rpm -q postgresql-server
postgresql-server-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1

Craig