Can't Find Any Tables with DatabaseMetaData.getTables()

From: "ccrupper" <ccrupper(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't Find Any Tables with DatabaseMetaData.getTables()
Date: 2006-02-12 06:01:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've created a Postgres 8.1 database and when I log into Postgres, I
can see that the tables and columns I've created exist. Within my
application, I can create a java.sql.Connection and can fetch the
DatabaseMetaData. However, when I call DatabaseMetaData.getTables(),
no tables are returned.

I have been able to get the application code working with Oracle and
MySQL databases, so I'm confident that the problem lies with my
Postgres configuration, but I can't think of what it might be. I think
that perhaps I don't properly understand the relationship between roles
and users within Postgres and I've tried re-creating the database with
various users and trying to build my database connection with different
users, but I'm still stumped. I've created one user (A SuperUser) in
addition to the postgres SuperUser and assigned that user to a
SuperUser role of the same name. This user, in addition to the
postgres user, are the ones with which I've been trying to login.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!