Re: Tab completion of SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tab completion of SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION
Date: 2006-01-31 14:41:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there any chance for psql opening a new session if it's inside a
transaction and use that to do whatever querying is needed ? Just
something like the control connection on ftp (analogy not very good).
That could cause other surprises though (could fail for example due to
too many connections open), and I have no idea about psql internals so
it might be completely against it's philosophy...

Cheers,
Csaba.