CREATE VIEW form stored in database?

From: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)mobart(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE VIEW form stored in database?
Date: 2006-01-31 09:51:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

When I create a view, I like to define it like this (just representing
the form here):

CREATE VIEW vw_my_view
AS
SELECT
t1.col1,
t2.col2
FROM
t1
JOIN t2
ON t1.col1 = t2.col3
WHERE
t2.col4 = 'bla'

But, when I extracit it from postgres, it's somehow stored like this:

CREATE VIEW vw_my_view
AS
SELECT t1.col1, t2.col2
FROM t1
JOIN t2 ON t1.col1 = t2.col3
WHERE t2.col4 = 'bla'

The later is much more hard to read, and when I need to change the view,
i get rash and stuff :)

Is there a way to tell postgres NOT to format the 'source code' of my
views?

Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."