Bug Report : updated

From: Eko Purwanto <eko(at)attglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug Report : updated
Date: 2000-04-27 02:10:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

When I used psql,

I create new view,
=>CREATE VIEW "teen customer" AS SELECT name FROM "latest customer"
=>WHERE age < 17;
CREATE

but when I try to use "teen customer" view, use statement below :
=>SELECT * FROM "teen customer";
ERROR: nodeRead: Badtype 0
ERROR: nodeRead: Badtype 0

I found Error above.

But when I RE-create the "latest customer" table to "latestcustomer" (with
NO space), use statement below :
=>CREATE TABLE "latestcustomer" (cid int4, name varchar(20), age int4);
CREATE

and I RE-create the "teen customer" view to "teencustomer" (with NO
space), use statement below :
=>CREATE VIEW "teencustomer" AS SELECT name FROM "latestcustomer";
CREATE

The latest view, "teencustomer" works fine.

For your information, all table and view definition are all SAME,
EXCEPT the table and view name,
the first ones USE SPACE ("latest customer" and "teen customer")
and
the last ones USE NO SPACE ("latestcustomer" and "teen customer")

I think there is a bug when processing VIEW containing view name or
table name WITH SPACE.

Thank You.

--
Best regards,