Re: TupleDesc refcounting

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TupleDesc refcounting
Date: 2006-01-22 05:53:09
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 04:14 -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
> The patch is WIP: a few regression tests fail due to TupleDesc leaks I
> haven't fixed yet but that should be easily fixable, and there are a few
> other minor issues to address. I'm just posting the patch now to get any
> feedback.

Attached is a revised patch: all the regression tests patch, and I'm not
aware of any major remaining issues. Barring any objections, I'll apply
this tomorrow.

(I'll take a look at using refcounting for TupleDescs in other parts of
the system after that...)

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
new_tdesc_refcount-8.patch text/x-patch 45.8 KB