Re: Website

From: Bastiaan Wakkie <bastiaan(at)wakkie(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2006-01-13 13:02:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi dave,

Some replies...

Cheers,
Bastiaan

> If you enter the website yu dont seeanywhere the latest stable
> version I would say next to the logo would be the best place.
>
> OK. I'm not sure that the logo is the best place, but I agree with
> adding some text. I'll certainly add something to the front page.

I think that it would be best that youkeep it there all the time
(perhaps even with a link behind to directly download it)

> I would set the google search om your own website first.
>
> That's not allowed by the Google T&Cs unfortunately... though, I
> wonder if I can do it with a little Javascript (you're not allowed to
> modify the Google generated code at all, but it might not disallow
> Javascript tweaking of form values).

That will be a very easy thing to do ;-)

> Design technical I would remove the pgasectionheadermenu and
> insted change the background colour in the pgamainmenu.. That
> will give you 1) more space and 2) it will not give you on
> every page the same text under each other and 3) the
> Navigation structure is much more clearer.
>
> Hmm, not sure I like that idea - I think the top menu should always be
> the main menu and shouldn't change.

I agree ith you. The menu items will not change only the background
colour so that you know in what part you are. Just change the bg from
the selected menu item into light blue.

> In addition, some sub menus won't fit across the width without
> wrapping - in particular the Download one.

I understand but i am only talking about the header itself.. not the sub
menu as a whole.

> Also in the pgasectionmenu I would like to see what I
> selected. A change on the bg colour.
>
> OK, I'll look at that.

Come to think of it: Why not give the submenu a light bleu (same as menu
selected bg) background and give only the selecten submenu the white bg?
This way you will very clearly see where you are.

How about a navigation like www.planet.nl where you hover over the menu
and than you 'mouse' to the submenu you are looking for... This is the
quickest way to get to your content...
In that case I would still stick to this light blue for submenu. Hope
you understand what i mean.