Re: PLs and domain constraints

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PLs and domain constraints
Date: 2006-01-09 19:29:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 20:23 +0100, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Should I consider this as something to add to the PL/Java TODO list?

Probably, yes (if/when I fix the in-tree PLs I was planning to take a
look at all the externally-maintained ones, although you're welcome to
do it instead).

Before domain constraints can be efficiently checked in PLs, the backend
needs some additional infrastructure (see recent discussion of typcache
changes on pgsql-patches, subject: "plpgsql: check domain constraints").
When that's finished, checking constraints in a PL should be fairly
easy.

-Neil