Re: could not open relation with OID 2610

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: m(dot)massarini(at)crscasa(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not open relation with OID 2610
Date: 2009-09-23 02:44:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Maja Massarini <m(dot)massarini(at)crscasa(dot)it> writes:
> I'm no more able to connect to a database and the error is:
> FATAL: could not open relation with OID 2610

Ugh ... OID 2610 is pg_index. It's a tad critical :-(

> Since I can't connect to the database I can't reindex the system tables.
> I just tried to connect to the database with the --single and -P options
> but without success.

That's what I would have tried. I'm afraid the DB is probably toast,
if that didn't work. You could try tracing the startup with a debugger
to see where it goes wrong, but getting anything out of it is going to
require serious amounts of work, with no guarantee of success. How
desperate are you?