Re: Problems - Libpq++

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "Christiane Brasil" <christianebrasil(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems - Libpq++
Date: 2006-05-23 14:27:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, May 23, 2006 18:46, Christiane Brasil wrote:

> I´m trying to compile a program with Visual C++ Express Edition, using the
> library Libpq++. But I don´t understand the errors that appear when it´s
> compiled.

> 1>projBancoII.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000015) "public:
> enum
> ExecStatusType __clrcall Libpqpp::PgConnection::Exec(char const *)"
> (?Exec@
> PgConnection(at)Libpqpp@@$$FQAM?AW4ExecStatusType@@PBD(at)Z) referenced in
> function "private: void __clrcall projBancoII::Form1::button1_Click(class
> System::Object ^,class System::EventArgs ^)" (?button1_Click@
> Form1(at)projBancoII@@$$FA$AAMXP$AAVObject(at)System@@P$AAVEventArgs(at)4@@Z)

It looks like this compiler isn't speaking C++ in the first place--more
likely it's one of the Microsoft-specific "C++-like" languages that aren't
quite compatible. From what I heard, that unary "^" you see in this error
is something specific to a language called C++/CLI.

This can get a bit confusing since some of the people involved have made
it seem like this derived language and standard C++ were the same thing.
Apparently, however, Microsoft's compiler does impose some restrictions on
how you can link these derived languages with real C++ code.

Jeroen