Re: Probable memory leak with ECPG and AIX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Benoit Lobréau <benoit(dot)lobreau(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Dr(dot) Michael Meskes" <michael(dot)meskes(at)credativ(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Probable memory leak with ECPG and AIX
Date: 2022-07-03 03:59:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> On it now, but it'll take a few minutes :-(

Confirmed that either initializing ecpg_clocale or adding -fno-common
allows the ecpglib build to succeed. (Testing it beyond that would
require another hour or so to build the rest of the system, so I won't.)

As I said, I was already leaning to the idea that initializing the
variable explicitly is better style, so I recommend we do that.