DBlink documentation

From: Andre Truter <linux(at)trusoft(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBlink documentation
Date: 2005-12-17 12:53:13
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Where do I find documentation for using dblink?

I am running PostgreSQL 8.03 on SuSE 9.3 and I installed the
postgresql-contrib package, but it only includes the README for dblink,
which only lists the functions, but it does not include any information
on how to use it.

For instance, it would list:

dblink_connect(text) RETURNS text.

But what should 'text' be?

I searched through the Postgres site and mailing list archives and I get
a lot of references of "look in the dblink documentation".
Unfortunately I have have not yet been able to find this documentation?

Can anybody please give me a link to the documentation?

Thanks
--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.co.za