Re: TODO item: list prepared queries

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO item: list prepared queries
Date: 2005-12-14 02:35:48
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:56 +0100, Joachim Wieland wrote:
> I propose the attached patch for the TODO item:
>
> * %Allow pooled connections to list all prepared queries

I think we should also return the parameters of each prepared statement.
Probably the best way to do this is to add another column to
pg_prepared_statements, containing an array of parameter type OIDs. I'll
do that before applying the patch.

One minor irritation is that the query string of prepared statements
created via SQL has "PREPARE ... AS" prefixed to it, whereas statements
prepared via the FE-BE protocol do not. This should probably be fixed,
but I can't see a clean way to do it: I think we'd need to munge the
actual SQL string itself and remove the "PREPARE ..." prefix. Thoughts?

-Neil