fixes for "about"

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: fixes for "about"
Date: 2005-12-02 11:15:40
Lists: pgsql-www

>From http://www.postgresql.org/about/, first paragraph:

It runs on all major operating systems, including Linux, UNIX
(AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Mac OS X, Solaris, SunOS, Tru64),
BeOS, and Windows.

BeOS is unsupported by recent releases, as is SunOS.

Second paragraph from the top:

An enterprise class database, PostgreSQL boasts sophisticated
features such as the Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC),

"such as Multi-Version Concurrency Control" is better, I think.

point in time recovery, tablespaces, asynchronous replication,
nested transactions (savepoints), online/hot backups, a
sophisticated query planner/optimizer, and write ahead log for
fault tolerance.

Should be "write ahead logging", or "a write ahead log", etc.

It supports international character sets, multibyte character
encodings, Unicode, and in is locale-aware for sorting,
case-sensitivity, and formatting.

"... and it is locale-aware", I believe.

It is highly scalable both in sheer quantity of data it can
manage and and in the number of concurrent users it can
accommodate.

Should be "highly scalable both in the sheer ..."

The second paragraph of the section "Featureful and Standards
Compliant":

Data integrity features include (compound) primary keys, foreign
keys with restricting and cascading updates/deletes, check
constraints, unique constraints, and not null constraints, all
of which are deferrable.

Primary keys, check constraints, unique constraints, and not null
constraints are not in fact deferrable.

Would someone be kind enough to make these fixes for me?

-Neil