Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues

From: pedro farinha <op217537(at)mail(dot)telepac(dot)pt>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: "jdbc(dot)postgres" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues
Date: 2005-11-25 01:12:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Kris,
The binding and display works fine with the
postgresql-8.2dev-500pf.jdbc3.jar, I am using Java1.5 (Creator ships
with it) so I didn't try neither the "EE" or jdbc2 version, but I reckon
it should not be a problem
Thanks for that.

Can you tell me if this fix (if that) will be included in the cvs? or in
a snapshot? I would like to make a reference to it on the Sun forum.

One other issue:
On the early-access feedback discussion there are some issues relating
with changing the transaction isolation level in the middle of the
transaction. You know anything about it?

Matthias Jakob posted a solution/workaround, which is basically removing
the exception. see below.

Thanks again for fixing this.

public void setTransactionIsolation(int level) throws SQLException
{
if (protoConnection.getTransactionState() !=
ProtocolConnection.TRANSACTION_IDLE)
//throw new PSQLException(GT.tr("Cannot change transaction isolation
level in the middle of a transaction."),
// PSQLState.ACTIVE_SQL_TRANSACTION);
System.out.println("Cannot change transaction isolation level in the
middle of a transaction. Old TransactionIsolation
"+getTransactionIsolation()+
" new unset TransactionIsolation "+level);

String isolationLevelName = getIsolationLevelName(level);
if (isolationLevelName == null)
throw new PSQLException(GT.tr("Transaction isolation level {0} not
supported.", new Integer(level)), PSQLState.NOT_IMPLEMENTED);

String isolationLevelSQL = "SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION
ISOLATION LEVEL " + isolationLevelName;
execSQLUpdate(isolationLevelSQL); // nb: no BEGIN triggered
}