triggers

From: Enzo D'addario <enzo(at)pienetworks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: triggers
Date: 2005-11-21 05:08:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I originally implemented a number of triggers in our production DB using
'plpgsql' and they have been running flawlessly for many years.

It has now become necessary to split up our main DB into a number of
separate DB's.

My question is:

Is it possible for a table insert/update(via trigger) in one DB to
insert/update a different table in a different DB(on the same server
running the same version of postgres)?

Thanks Enzo...