Re: How to debug a locked backend ?

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to debug a locked backend ?
Date: 2005-11-18 18:08:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Martijn,

Thanks for the info.
The binary is compiled by myself, with mostly the default options as
checked out from CVS, so it's stripped as much as the default make
options do that...
I already checked the pg_locks view, with some results documented in my
post about the first time this kind of problem happend:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-11/msg00828.php

I can say it was not a deadlock, at least not detected by postgres.
I've used strace before occasionally, so that one is not a stranger for
me, just didn't cross my mind at all and needed to act fairly quickly.
Next time I'll use it.

Thanks,
Csaba.