Re: CONNECT BY PRIOR

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Yann Michel <yann-postgresql(at)spline(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CONNECT BY PRIOR
Date: 2005-11-14 20:03:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 15:27 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> I am working on the standard WITH syntax for recursive query support
> and hope to get it into 8.2.

Sounds interesting.

What approach are you taking to the plan shape? The current approach
would be to have additional plan nodes for each join. Coping with a
dynamic number of operations will do interesting things in the planner.

I face a similar dynamic problem with joins to partitioned tables.

Do you have any thoughts about this area?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs