Re: plperl: sort trapped by operation mask

From: Reece Hart <reece(at)harts(dot)net>
To: SF PostgreSQL <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl: sort trapped by operation mask
Date: 2005-10-06 02:41:38
Lists: sfpug

> Surely I'm not the first one to try sort in a plperl function. And I
> can't think of any reason for sort to require a trusted language.
>
> I don't see anything specifically about sort and plperl/plperlu on the
> web. Enlightenment, anyone?

Sorry to follow on myself.

Aha. This issue has gotten some discussion in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2004-10/msg00226.php

I don't know the final disposition. It might be that this issue is
resolved in 8.x. (Yes, I'm planning to upgrade shortly.)

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0