Re: Exception storing ipaddress with JBoss after upgrade to

From: Joost Kraaijeveld <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Exception storing ipaddress with JBoss after upgrade to
Date: 2005-09-27 18:53:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Dave,

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 09:48 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Joost,
>
> The new driver uses server side prepared statements and is much more
> particular about the types being sent.
>
> You can force v2 protocol, or create a PGInet type extending PGObject
I do not really understand why: the postgresql log file shows that the
error is happening at the backend where no Java is running (and I can
also not remember that I had to write special code in ODBC: I just send
a string with a correct ip address and the database backend converted it
to a inet, but that was long ago and I may remember wrong). All examples
in the postgresql docs (e.g. example 11-1 setting up a partial index)
where the inet type is used an ordinary string is passed to the backend.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl
web: www.askesis.nl