Re: RC1 on Monday?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RC1 on Monday?
Date: 2001-11-30 21:11:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> How are we on the ports? We still have BeOS issues, right? HPUX looks
> OK, I think, because it was a compiler problem.

I think Peter is working on the uint8-configuration issue.

HPUX is okay except we might want to use a different geometry regression
file for HPUX 11. Waiting for Conway to get back on that. IRIX
geometry may need tweaking too.

We're apparently not there yet on getting libpq to report socket error
message texts on all flavors of Windows. However, it's no worse than
it was in 7.1, and better on at least some flavors. I'm willing to call
it done for 7.2, and see what we can do better in 7.3.

Unresolved report of porting problem on R4000 (from Hiroshi).

Some docs issues still to be cleaned up; the biggest one being that
Thomas still has committed no documentation for the timestamp/interval
precision features.

None of the above look like RC1 stoppers to me, though.