Re: Servlets to Forms HTML/JSP to edit/Update data

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: sandrigo(dot)lezcano(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Servlets to Forms HTML/JSP to edit/Update data
Date: 2005-09-14 23:59:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

This isn't really a JDBC question, but more of a web architectural one.
As such, you're either going to need to do some research on how to do
this yourself (not all that hard, but beyond the scope of this list), or
use an existing framework. Here are some projects you might want to
look into:

Struts - A web application framework that makes it simple to get
information to and from HTML forms using simple Java objects.

Hibernate - A persistence framework allowing you to work with regular
Java objects, and the framework handles reading/writing the DB.

There are other tools too, those are just the ones I'm most familiar
with.

-- Mark Lewis