Re: max connection

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Hina Chauhan <hina(dot)chauhan(at)codecindia(dot)com>
Cc: postgres - jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: max connection
Date: 2005-08-30 16:26:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Depends on your workload and your code. If your code does not hog
connections for long periods of time and the queries are fairly light-
weight, then you might only need a small handful.

On the other hand, if your code ties up connections while presenting the
user interface (not a recommended mode of operation), then you would
probably need one per user.

To tune the max connections, you might want to guess low on the number
of connections, but log how long your code waits to acquire a connection
from the pool. If it's too long, then either fix your code or increase
the connections.

-- Mark