Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.
Date: 2010-11-27 20:46:21
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> On Nov 27, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>> Who's going to be the first to say that being git-centric can't ever be
>> a bad thing? ;-)

> At least for me, referring to it that way makes finding the original patch an order of magnitude faster (git show hash). YMMV.

[ shrug... ] You need to take the long view here. We're not working on
the assumption that git is the last SCM this project will ever use.
Even granting that it is, I don't think git hashes are adequately stable;
hashes. And AFAIK there is no mechanism that would fix hash references
embedded in commit log messages (or the code).