table listing queries

From: Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers(at)digital-scurf(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table listing queries
Date: 2005-08-25 11:13:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I know that questions like this have been asked in the past, but I can
find no definitive answer to one particular part of my problem...

Namely, in MySQL I can say: "SHOW TABLES FROM 'dbname'" to list tables
in a database I'm not currently connected to.

I can find no way of doing this in PgSQL.

Is there a way, or is postgres not letting me list the tables until I
have connected to the database for security reasons?

Thanks in advance,

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged. Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895