Re: full table...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Felson <felson123(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: full table...
Date: 2002-08-20 15:51:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Felson <felson123(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> Acutely, there are 7 inserts that that take place on
> that table before it can talk to the unit that is
> broadcasting to me again...
> There is a unique constraint on (tstamp, cd_id) but
> removing it didn't fix the speed issue...
> I am at about 3,000,000 rows give or take a few
> thousand.

Three million rows is not "huge", it's more in the
barely-enough-to-notice class. There is no way that seven inserts should
take even a second. I've got to think that you're firing triggers or
rules that are chewing the time.

Which version did you say you are using? 7.2's psql will list triggers
and rules when you say "\d table", but I'm not sure earlier releases will.