Re: XMLSchema

From: "Steven Ericsson-Zenith" <steven(at)semeiosis(dot)com>
To: SF PostgreSQL <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: XMLSchema
Date: 2005-06-23 02:17:53
Lists: sfpug

Among other things, XML Schema is the bedrock of web-services, it has
been around for a few years and it is widely supported - IBM, Microsoft,
Oracle, and others put in a good showing at this workshop.

It is likely to be very important IMHO.

I used XML Schema to specify the metadata that memeio will generate for
document aggregators. See

http://xml.memeio.org/0.0.3/memeio.xsd

There is some associated Apache work - I think it would be a good idea
for us to consider what role the PostgreSQL community should play
in the work, what support could be provided, and whether this should
be provided by the core team or a peripheral project. I suspect the
latter.

Steven