Data Modelling Tools

From: "Mark Borins" <mark(dot)borins(at)rigadev(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <rickb(at)rigadev(dot)com>
Subject: Data Modelling Tools
Date: 2005-05-09 21:35:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Postgres Newsgroup,

My company has been looking for a good database modelling tool for postgres
and have yet to find something that completely satisfies our needs. We are
currently using a product called DBWrench which is pretty good and has all
the features we are looking for but is full of bugs and creates much head
ache.

For example, this tool doesn't realize that in postgres you can't add a
column and set not null in one ALTER TABLE statement. So we are forced to
manually comb through the SQL scripts it creates and fix the buggy
statements.

So my question is, postgres general newsgroup, what database modelling tools
do you use? Open source or commercial it doesn't matter to me.

Thank you,

Mark