Postgres v8 jdbc connect fails while v7.4 connection works

From: davidb999(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres v8 jdbc connect fails while v7.4 connection works
Date: 2005-05-05 19:03:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Folks,
I point my app on my local PC at a v8 database on server A and it
fails. If I point it at v7.4 db on server B it works. All are Red Hat
ES3.

I've upgraded to latest drivers.
I've checked _hba and confirmed my IP address is there.
In fact they are there in the new format x.x.x.0/255

I can connect locally on the box so I know postmaster is running.

Any thoughts?

TIA...