Re: REMOVE

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: REMOVE
Date: 2005-05-03 16:17:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 10:57, Mohan, Ross wrote:
> LOL!
>

> This reminds me of a long and very satisfying thread on another
> db listserv, where some flailing newbie kept writing:
>

> HELP
>

> to the list, thinking he was getting the admin functionality. :)
>

> Finally, someone, in sheer and utter frustration wrote back:
>

> ARE YOU AN IDIOT?
>

> and it became kind of a "list idiom". <chuckling>.
>

> Michelle, it /does/ amaze me that someone can be smart enough
> to get into postgres, and join a listserv, dumb enough to not
> be able to figure out how to unsubscribe and impolite enough
> to do this with no manners whatsoever, all simultaneously.

I always wonder if someone at some company gets stuck taking over an
account for someone who left, and they can't figure out how to get off
the lists that person is on. It would certainly explain why this seems
to happen sometimes.

> ( That level of mediocrity is usually reserved for people like
> the current US president. )

I think part of the cause there was having to have his spine and part of
his brain removed so Cheney could fit his hand in there like he was a
ventriloquist's dummy. :) I keed.