Re: FW: Admin Tool to Send Me Email

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Garris, Nicole" <Nicole(dot)Garris(at)dof(dot)ca(dot)gov>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: Admin Tool to Send Me Email
Date: 2005-04-19 19:28:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

As I see it you have two choices... hack postgresql directly to add in
emailing functionality to the elog mechanisms in postgresql or write
some type of script/daemon to parse the postgresql logs to look for
error messages. A fairly simple script set up to run continuously or via
cron could handle the second option, if you want something fancier you
could look at http://nagios.sourceforge.net. HTH.

Robert Treat