Re: Interactive docs idea

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interactive docs idea
Date: 2005-04-14 15:54:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 03:56, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

It's not so much closed as just separate and this was mainly because the
folks on -docs and the folks on -www didn't want all the traffic.

FWIW the PHP docs do actually integrate their comments into the docs,
although this seems to have slowed down much more over the recent years.
(I know they used to do it though, cause several comments I put in 5+
years ago have been integrated into the mainline docs).

On the PostgreSQL front, Tom has in the past gone through comments
around release time and integrated in the relevant changes; I've also
submitted a patch or two based on suggestions that have come across
since we got the new system in place. If you're interested in moderating
the comments and have time to write patches for new suggestions I'm sure
most people would be happy to have you on board.

Robert Treat