Re: Win32 ODBC Issue!

From: luk(at)iplus(dot)ru
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32 ODBC Issue!
Date: 2001-12-03 07:43:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello Медер,

МБ> Hello!

МБ> I have installed Redhat Linux 7.2 and Postgresql-7.1 as a database.
МБ> I have a server-side program, which works with postgresql on Linux (writes some data to it) and need to write a client program on Windows.

МБ> I downloaded a driver from odbc.postgresql.org, but it is outdated (v.7.01): It doesn't support encrypted passwords, so it cannot connect to my database (even I do not supply passwords at all)

МБ> Where can I download the latest ODBC driver?

МБ> Thanks in advance.

ODBC driver is NOT outdated. Drivers has their own versioning, that is
not the same as Postgresql's one. ODBC does not support encrypted
passwords, so you have to use plain text authentification with your
Windows client.

BTW, the latest version of Postgresql ODBC drivers is 7.01.0009.

--
Best regards,
evgeny mailto:evgeny(at)iplus(dot)ru