Re: Replication with PostgreSQL

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication with PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-03-22 21:21:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 22:33 -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, prakash(at)ritvi(dot)com (prakash sompura), an earthling, wrote:
> > Can any one tell me how do I replicate my PostgreSql database from
> > one server to another server?

You can use Mammoth Replicator or Slony.

Replicator can be found here:

http://www.commandprompt.com/

Slony can be found here:

http://www.slony.info

Replicator is easier to setup and manage but it is not free.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting