Permissions on tables and views

From: subhash(at)nmsu(dot)edu
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permissions on tables and views
Date: 2005-03-22 20:09:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I have a requirement where I have a table and a view on top of it. I want to
make some changes so that a user in a given group would be able to insert/update
only on the view (ofcourse i have a rule which inserts/updates the table) but
not on the underlying table. I tried revoke the insert/update permissions on the
table, but it fails even the inserts/updates on the view. How can i set these
permissions ?
Thanks,
Subhash.