Unicode characters greater than U+10000

From: Gilles <gvigner(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unicode characters greater than U+10000
Date: 2005-02-15 02:03:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I need to use unicode characters which code is greater than U+10000.
(I need it for a part of CJK characters, and for the private zone above
U+10000 to prepare reasearch works)

But I realized that PostGreSQL doesn't manage this.

What can I do ?

If there is no way to be able to fully use PostGreSQL with such
characters, could you please tell me what database system could I use,
at least temporarily, that would manage it ?

Thanks,
Gilles