Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)

From: rob <rob(at)dsvr(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)
Date: 2005-02-09 07:59:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> If you have the time, it would be interesting to dump out the rows with
> pg_filedump (see http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/). I usually use
> "pg_filedump -i -f" to get the most useful display. Looks like you need
> to dump pages 3, 5, and 7 of that table to see all three rows.

I have the results however they wrap rather badly when pasted into an
email. I can provide them on request.

I noted in the log an entry from the vacuum that night :

2005-02-08 01:32:36 [17212] WARNING: index "q_certs_pkey" contains 235
row versions, but table contains 233 row versions
HINT: Rebuild the index with REINDEX.

Doing so failed with a 'duplicated values' error. Instead I have had to
remove two of the dupe rows as time is pressing on.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

--
Rob Fielding
rob(at)dsvr(dot)net

www.dsvr.co.uk Development
Designer Servers Business Serve Plc

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigans Law. I merely enforce it"
- Zapp Brannigan