Re: unixODBC fails to open psqlodbcw.so library on Mac OS X 10.4

From: julia(dot)jacobson(at)arcor(dot)de
To: nick(at)lurcher(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unixODBC fails to open psqlodbcw.so library on Mac OS X 10.4
Date: 2012-05-27 19:23:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thanks for your answers. I compiled psqlODBC for myself and it worked.
This indicates, that the issue might have indeed be caused by EnterpriseDB's binary being compiled for 64 bit and iodbc.
Since my Mac Mini has PowerPC architecture and is running Mac OS X 10.4 (current version is 10.7) it is quite outdated now.
So I expected to have some problems and am happy to having been able to fix them due to the excellent quality of the psqlODBC driver :-) This would have been impossible with closed-source database drivers.
So once again: Thanks to the psqlODBC developers and for your answers.